Saturday, July 5, 2008

Homeward bound

We are at the airport hotel, just returned from pizza, kids up in their rooms for final packing and a quick 5 hours before the 4:15AM wake-up call.
The July 4 final concert in Florence was unbelieveable - very well attended, kids played like angels and the audience again would not let us leave. A fitting musical ending to a great trip.
We all made it through the Cinque Terre hike with flying colors, A great lunch at the castle restaurant overlooking the picturesque town and bay of Vernazza and a restful 3 hour ride back to Milan.
I'll make my final room check, grab a few winks and get ready for a long day of hurry up and wait in line.
See you in PDX at 11:30 tomorrow morning! Flight LH 468
Ciao

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for sharing.
I have read some of your post and I really enjoyed reading it.
Meet me at
http://gwb-chinese.blogspot.com/